One of the many aspects that make us different at Young Global Pioneers is that we take you every step of the way. Your Learning Journey is planned and organized with safety as a crucial priority.
THOROUGH RISK ASSESSMENTS
- We carry out risk evaluations before deciding on destinations, activities and areas to visit during your Learning Journey
- Hotels & accommodations have been hand picked by the Young Global Pioneers team and are located in secure areas
- All official transportation has been evaluated in order to provide you quality and safety
SAFETY PROCEDURES & PLANNING
- We incorporate an interactive risk minimization briefing at the start of each Learning Journey as a parameter to avoid risk-taking behaviour. This will include the “DO’s & DONT’s” as to respect the local cultures and traditions
- Activities are planned in close cooperation with our world renowned partner organizations or local travel agencies – all which have an extensive local knowledge and awareness
- Participants will be provided with the direct contact phone numbers of officials who will be able to assist in the event of an emergency
YOU ARE NEVER LEFT ALONE
- A YGP Mentor or a YGP Partner will guide you every step of the way along your Learning Journey, from the moment you land to the moment you depart
- Once you have passed immigration at the destination, Young Global Pioneers has arranged for a representative to greet you upon arrival and accompany you directly to your accommodation with organized official transportation
- All activities are planned so that nobody ever has to be on their own. In periods of free time you will always have the possibility to join the YGP Learning Journey Mentor if you would like to
- We work closely with our partners to maintain a personal relationship, meaning that you will always have someone to reach out to if needed – whether it be the Learning Journey Mentor on your Learning Journey, Young Global Pioneers HQ or your trusted local travel guide or YGP partner.
- In addition to your Learning Journey Mentor, a representative from a professional YGP partner will accompany you along the Learning Journey
- The guide or the representative will be fluent in English as well as the local language of your geographical location. The regions of the world you will be travelling are vast. Local languages might vary, sometimes even from city to city
All participants are required to have appropriate travel and health insurance while being on their Learning Journey.