Successful launch of YGPs first global talent network
The first YGP Talent Network was kick started on a 3-week Learning Journey in China, August 2015. The Learning Journey was filled with activities and adventures to give a broad introduction to China as well as global trends. Besides seeing major historical sites and local life, examples of activities included a business visit to SAS Software China in Beijing, participation in a Youth Entrepreneurship Summit in Xian, experiencing Pandas in Chengdu and rice fields in LuZhou, engaging with migrant youth in a Save the Children project and learning about circular economy with DeTao Master Academy in Shanghai.
The Learning Journey also included deep conversations within the group (teamwork and structured BUZZ-talks) and Reflection Hour in the evening. The interaction between the participants was open and honest – and filled with joy and fun – also in the many informal situations.
“We have had diverse, deep and controversial discussions with people from different countries that revealed new perspectives on political conflicts, religion and culture”
– Quote from participant, now part of the first YGP Talent Network
The network group consisted of 20 ambitious and curious talents (age 19-22) from: Denmark, Germany, Japan, Nepal, Norway, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and USA. All participants had been handpicked by YGPs esteemed partner universities from around the world or gone through extensive application processes.
Thanks YGPs scholarship partners, the network group was truly diverse. Our Scholarship partners 2015 are: The Carlsberg Bequest, Credit Suisse, First Media, Mannaz, Sabanci University, SAS Software China, Sberbank, Siloam Hospitals, Serge Pun & Associates, and Universitas Pelita Harapan.
EXAMPLES OF OUTCOME
- 17 out of the 20 participants ”strongly agree” they have been inspired to make a difference in this world
- The participants gained deep insight in cultural differences and had many inspiring discussions about global challenges
- The participant acquired a mature understanding of China’s success, opportunities and challenges faced today that are influencing the entire world
- New friendships were established across countries, cultures and backgrounds.
- The group has developed a formal network structure to keep on inspiring and helping each other. Furthermore, every 3 months the group will use Skype for “GLOBAL REFLECTIONS”, supported by YGP.
Participants from all over the world – on a 3-week Learning Journey in China