Learning Journey, Tanzania July/August 2019
From July 28th to August 17th, 2019, our next 3-week Learning Journey will take place in Tanzania. The Learning Journey goes through Arusha, Ngorongoro, and Zanzibar and concludes in Dar es Salaam.
Global and diverse talents
The network will consist of approx. 20-25 curious and ambitious talents between the ages of 19 to 25, coming from a broad range of countries and diverse backgrounds. Together, you will embark on an inspiring Learning Journey to a fascinating country undergoing great development and transformation.
3-week Learning Journey in Tanzania
On the Learning Journey, you and your peers build relationships, forming a life-long YGP Talent Network. You will learn from and inspire each other, engaging in mind opening learning activities, adventures, lectures and daily facilitated reflections. On the 3-week Learning Journey, within our intuitive learning architecture, you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with global talents and train intercultural understanding and emotional intelligence
- Visit global corporations and gain an insight on how they create shared value
- Learn about climate change, circular economy, human rights and the SDGs
- Discover the culture, history, opportunities and challenges of the region
- Engage with talented youth from SOS Children’s Village
- Meet up with young elite entrepreneurs passionate about changing their communities
- Learn about biodiversity, the human vs. nature conflict and explore the Tanzanian wildlife
All participants will be assigned a day on the Learning Journey, where they are expected to act as co-mentors, assisting the official YGP Learning Journey Mentor. Co-mentors are meant to take joint responsibility for the day’s activities and the group dynamics on the specific day.
Who can apply and how?
If you apply for a scholarship from one of our partners (e.g. Accenture, Carlsberg, or Sberbank) then you must apply directly through the channel provided to you by the partner. Otherwise, you will not be taken into consideration for their scholarships. Our partners’ scholarships are typically by invitation for students at selected universities and companies in selected regions.
If you are applying as a non-scholarship participant (self-payer), please read more under Apply.